Coat ofArms

Thursday 8 September 2011

Joke of the Day


A young Dentist had just started his own Clinic. He rented a beautiful office and had it furnished with antiques.
Sitting there, he saw a man come into the front office. Wishing to appear the "busy dentist", the gentleman picked up the phone and started to pretend he had to give an appointment.
Finally he hung up and asked the visitor, "Can I help you?"
The man said, "Yeah, I've come to activate the telephone

A patient sits in the dental chair with severely fractured front teeth. After discussing how they will be restored
and what the fee would be the patient says, " Before we begin, Doc, I gotta know: Will I be able to play the trumpet
when you are finished? " The dentist replies " Sure you will! "
The patient replies " Great, I couldn't play a note before! "

Dentists can be frustrating. You wait a month-and-a-half for an appointment, and when you get one they say, "I wish you'd come to me sooner."

"Happiness is your dentist telling you it won't hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill." -- Johnny Carson

Toothaches always start on Friday night right before the weekend when the Dental Office will be closed.

A little boy was taken to the dentist. It was discovered that he had a cavity that would have to be filled.
"Now, young man," asked the dentist, "what kind of filling would you like for that tooth?"
"Chocolate, please," replied the youngster.

Last week Grace went to the dentist's office for a checkup and music was playing.
She was early for her appointment, but after waiting ten minutes, an elderly woman
sitting beside her said, "isn't that just like a dentist? A waiting room jammed with people,
and the dentist is in there playing the piano."

A woman phoned her dentist when she received a huge bill. "I'm shocked!" she complained.
"This is three times what you normally charge."
"Yes, I know," said the dentist. "But you yelled so loud, you scared away two other patients."

"Open wider." requested the dentist, as he began his examination of the patient. "Good God !" he said startled.
"You've got the biggest cavity I've ever seen - the biggest cavity I've ever seen." "OK Doc !" replied the patient.
"I'm scared enough without you saying something like that twice." "I didn't !" said the dentist. "That was the echo."

A woman and her husband interrupted their vacation to go to the dentist. "I want a tooth pulled,
and I don't want Novacaine because I'm in a big hurry," the woman said. "Just extract the tooth as quickly as possible, and we'll be on our way." The dentist was quite impressed.
"You're certainly a courageous woman," he said. "Which tooth is it?" The woman turned to her husband and said, "Show him your tooth, dear."

Simon said...
Why did the guru refuse Novacaine when he went to his dentist?
He wanted to transcend dental medication.

"I came in to make an appointment with the dentist." said the man to the receptionist. "I'm sorry sir." she replied.
"He's out right now, but..." "Thank you," interrupted the obviously nervous prospective patient.
"When will he be out again ?"

Man: "Darling, your teeth remind me of the stars"
Woman: "Because they gleam and sparkle"
Man: "No, because they come out at night!"

Actual Names of Practicing Dentists
Dr.Pullman, Dr.Filler, Dr.Fear, Dr.Rensch (pronounced wrench), Dr.Pick, Dr.Tusk, Dr. Drewel (pronounced "drool"),
Dr.Tucek (2thChk), Dr.Chu, Dr.Shugar, Dr.Pic, Dr.Pang, Dr.Butcher, Dr.Harm, Dr.Hurter, Dr.Toothaker, Dr.Lynch,
Dr.Root, Dr.Nasti, Dr.Paine/Payne/Pain (15 entries but notably Dr.Daryl B Payne = "There Will Be Pain"),
Dr.Smiley, Dr.Schotz, Dr.Hale (pronounced "hell" in southern), Dr.Bliss, Dr.Lancit, Dr.Gager, Dr. Eke

An elderly patient went to have her teeth checked.
"Mrs. Hopgood, your teeth are good for the next 50 years." the dentist beamed.
To which she replied, "What will they do without me?"


-----------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment