November 11th, 2012, I went to see my good friend Jim Ingram at his house in South Surrey(White Rock) where I met his wife Chris, their Son Austin and daughters Jenna and Stephanie were all home and we went to the Cenotaph in White Rock, BC for Remembrance Day celebration, there was a nice Fly-By by WWII era airplanes “Lest We Forget” We then returned to his house where Chris made us a nice lunch. below are digital photos I took with my Canon camera. Thanks for a great day the Ingram's
Sunday, 11 November 2012
Sunday, 4 November 2012
My ex-wife started taking flying lessons about the time our
divorce started and she got her license shortly before our
divorce was final, later that same year.
Yesterday afternoon, she narrowly escaped injury in the aircraft she was piloting when she was forced to make an emergency
landing in Southern Tennessee because of bad weather.
Thank God our kids were with me this weekend.
The NTSB issued a preliminary report, citing pilot error: Judy was flying a single engine aircraft in IFR (instrument flight rating)
conditions while only having obtained a VFR (visual flight rating)
Posted by JP Forest at 01:16
Saturday, 3 November 2012
Got this from my Good friend Rod in Texas
TOP-10 "Only In America" Observations by a Canadian
1) Only in America, could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
2) Only in America, could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General, and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black while only 12% of the population is black.
3) Only in America, could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner, the head of the Treasury Department and Charles Rangel who once ran the Ways and Means Committee, BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
4) Only in America, can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
5) Only in America, would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just 'magically' become American citizens.
6) Only in America, could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists."
7) Only in America, could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
8) Only in America, could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
9) Only in America, could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.
10) Only in America, could the rich people - who pay 86% of all income taxes - be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.
Posted by JP Forest at 10:54