Coat ofArms

Sunday 6 May 2012

Cinco de Mayo Skydive Boogie, Abbotsford, BC - 5-6 May 2012



Today was pretty good I took a drive to Vancouver Skydive in Abbotsford and saw some friends that were at the Cinco de Mayo Skydive Boogie,  I didn't jump yet, soon I hope,  but it was good to see them,  Debbie Harper was there running the Manifest, she didn't want me to take a picture of her but too late, I did when she was pointing her finger at me, her son Jesse was there doing Tandems, Gerry Harper was flying the plane and I saw Grant who was also flying and has been the pilot there ever since I started jumping there in the 1992-3 area in Abbotsford, I've seen him in Hawaii also.  Gus Bryck from Pitt Meadows was there and people I haven't see in years.  Since I was already in Abbotsford I took the occasion to visit some Army Buddy's in Chilliwack,  I drop my friend Rico Laidler's house we were at 2 MP PL in CFB Petawawa, Ontario, unfortunately there was no answer at the door or on the Phone,  I took a drive to my former Sergeant Major in the Airborne Engineers and there was also no answers, I drop off a little bag with a Diet Coke and a couple of Chocolate Bars,  I was his driver in Wainwright Alberta in one of the RV Exercise in early 1980's before I remustered to MP and we would stop along the route and he would always get a Diet Coke and several Chocolate Bars, I remember that like it was Yesterday.  I'll have to make another trip to Chilliwack later this summer, this time I'll call before I leave Vancouver, this time I was already in Abbotsford, it wasn't a big deal.  I took a few photos at the DZ, here they are below.  Blue Skies, Airborne, Ubique, Securitas.


















No comments:

Post a Comment